Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Celebrate!

When I was a kid, July 4th was always so much fun! During the day we would put on our roller skates and skate up and down our driveway and play outside. Then, before dusk we would pile blankets into the car and drive to the reservoir and watch the fireworks. After the fireworks we would go home and light our own fireworks, mostly sparklers. Our dad would do the bottle rockets and other stuff while we watched. I was lucky enough to be gifted this image, Celebrate!, by the artist, Sherry West! I thought it would be great for birthday cards - for the recipient to celebrate! BUT, seeing as how we were a couple of days from July 4th, I thought I would color her up for the holiday - Red White and Blue! I used Copic markers to color the image and sparkler, then metallic gel pens of different colors on the little sparkles around the center. I used a ton of Stickles on the sparkler - more than I wanted, but they just came pouring out of the bottle because I had stored it upside down! After putting the card together I added three glittery star buttons to the top that I had cut off the shanks from the back. Take a look and let me know what you think - Long May She Wave!
I hope you had a memorable July 4th holiday and Celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment