Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Fans

I follow several artists for digital stamps and a fairly new one (for me!) is Sherry West Art on Etsy. She has the cutest stamps and I love her little stories of daily life at her home in Indiana with her kids and animals. She posts these stories on FB. She also has a blog, which you might be interested in reading. I also found out that she has a cute children's book titled It's Raining Cats! It's Raining Dogs! It's Raining Bats! And Polywogs! I ordered two of these books for my great nephews who are turning 4 and 5 and Sherry even autographed them for me! They are really cute books for the small ones! Anyway, I have purchased several of her images from her Etsy shop (they are all only $0.99!!!) and haven't had a chance to color any yet; however, she offered a freebie on her FB page of this beautiful image called Fans. I wasn't sure I could do it justice, but I gave it a try! I colored the image with Copic markers, using a stencil for the lines on the back "spotlight." I used Crystal Stickles to glue on some crystals for the jewels. The crystals are part of a mix of different sizes and shapes from Honey Bee Stamps. Then, I tried to used Wink of Stella on the ruffles of the dress, but it just bled out the color and I thought I had ruined the picture! So, I tried the Crystal Stickles - lots and lots of it - and it brought the color back!!!! I was SO relieved! I stopped while I was ahead, and made a background for the card using cardstock and washi tape, and mounted the image. I am not sure what occasion I will use this for, but I really like all the glitter! Take a look and let me know what you think.
I hope you have a colorful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment