Friday, June 26, 2020

World's Best Dad

I know, I know, Father's Day has come and gone and I'm LATE! But life just got in the way this week, what can I say. Anyway, here we go! I used Dr. Digi's House of Stamps image World's Best Dad. I think it is difficult to find good images for masculine cards, but Dr. Digi's has some awesome images to use for the men in your life. They also have some great images for women. The original image says I love tea on the mug, but I put "coffee" in place of tea because my stepdad loves his coffee - he especially loves a McDonald's  frappe! I colored the image with Copic markers and heat embossed the sentiment tag under the image. I put Glossy Accents on his glasses and on the coffee cup. I saw a great diecut background with different sized circles on someone's card and thought maybe I could make that on my Silhouette Cameo 4. So, I worked on it over a couple of days to get it with just the right number of circles spaced apart - almost looks like swiss cheese - lol! Then came the paper under the diecut. I came across some gold-marbled paper I purchased at Joann's several months ago and thought it would look nice under the swiss cheese diecut - yay! With all those gold swirls, I decided not to add any other embellishments. My stepdad loved the card and thought it was the best one yet! I'm so glad he liked it! Take a look and let me know what you think!
Happy Aloha Friday and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment