Monday, June 22, 2020

Pack Light

Good Afternoon! I did something a little different for my granddaughter's college graduation card. After her junior year she did an internship in Morocco and had planned on another internship this year in Tanzania (cancelled now due to the virus). In past years my husband and I had taken her and her brother on several trips abroad, so she has travelled quite a bit by now, and it is very clear to us that she loves to travel. The image I used for her graduation card is from Krista Smith, called Pack Light. I colored the image with Copic markers, as I continue to practice my lessons from Kit and Clowder. I used my Silhouette Cameo 4 to cut around the image and a slightly larger image for the matting. I also used my Silhouette Cameo to diecut the other images: globe, graduation cap, and airplane. This is the first time I have colored an image based on the paper I wanted to use rather than coloring an image first, in the favorite colors of the recipient, and then trying to find paper to match. I used a gold pen to make/color the tassel on the graduation cap and I popped up the main image on foam dots. I completely made up the verse on the inside using the phrase, "Oh the places you'll go." I know that is a Dr. Seuss book, but I only used that phrase and made up the rest to rhyme - I like to try to write little poems for the cards I make - lol! It makes them a little more personal when the recipient knows you wrote something just for them. Let me know what you think of my card!
I hope you have a wonderful week - ALOHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment