Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Dogs In A Boat

Doesn't the time seem to just fly by? Three months ago when the whole shelter-in-place thing started, I thought time would just drag on and on. But, here we are three months later and I still don't have that one room cleaned up and organized! Of course I have been procrastinating a little on that project - lol! I have been able to keep up with my card-making, though, without having to scramble too much to make it in time for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. If you haven't found Mo's Digital Pencil yet, you really should check out her images. There are plenty of images for every sort of occasion you can imagine! I used her image, Dogs In A Boat, for a birthday card for a dear male friend. Instead of using the included sentiments, I decided to go with the theme "They say it's your birthday," from the Beatles song - it just seemed to fit and made me smile thinking that's what these dogs are singing. My friend is a dog-person, too, so I thought it was a great image to use for his card. I added a digital image of fireworks I had for the background and added stickles to light them up. I sponged Distress Ink, Broken China, for the water. I colored the dogs with Copic markers. I haven't mastered coloring fluffy fur with Copic markers yet, so I colored these cute guys using shading. I used lots of the E, N, C, and W Copics. I am entering this in Mo's Digital Pencil: Challenge #292 - Anything Goes (with a Mo Manning image).
I think this turned out to be a really fun card and I can't wait to hear from my friend after he opens it!
I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Your colouring is lovely! Fabulous fireworks too! It's great to see you join in the fun at Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge this month with this terrific card

    ReplyDelete