Sunday, August 9, 2020

The Conductor

 Happy Sunday to you! Today was my great-nephew's 4th birthday. He has been through so much for a little guy - he was diagnosed with epilepsy a year and a half ago. The doctors tried every medication in every combination and dosage, to try to help him. Nothing helped. It was like the epilepsy could see through the medication, adjust, and keep going. The last resort was brain surgery to ablate the area where the seizures were originating. His parents decided to go ahead with it, even though there was less than a 50% chance it would work. Well, we are 8 months post-surgery and no seizures so far! Thank goodness this happened before the virus shut everything down, too! He is now a very different little boy, talking, loves trains, dinosaurs, hot wheels cars, puzzles and Legos. I used a Tiddly Inks image called The Conductor (no longer available) for his birthday card and placed it on a background of a train yard. I colored the image with copic markers (sorry I did not :-( write them down). I added some diecuts from my Silhouette Cameo and used it to write his name in gold on the engine diecut. I added an ice cream button (shank cut off) to the other diecut and used tiny buttons for the wheels of both diecuts.

I hope he enjoyed his 4th birthday party!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment