Thursday, February 13, 2020

Ice Hockey

I have a great nephew (turning 9) that has been playing ice hockey since he was 3! He is a goalie and is pretty darned good at it - so good that other teams ask for him when they need a goalie. His favorite color is red, so it's really nice that his team uniform is red and black. I have many digital images from Kenny K Stamps, a now-closed online store. Currently, he is only doing Illustrations for toys, games and packaging. The image I used for my card is called Ice Hockey. I used Copic markers to color it, cut it out and used foam to make it sit up off the background. The background image is from some free digital ice hockey paper I found online.The current Outlawz Challenges challenge for "Crash Your Stash" is to use a stencil. Well, it has been a very long time since I've used any of my stencils and it took me 2 days for find them - lol!! I used two stencils from Tim Holtz - to soften the background a little - the "Rays" in red Distress Ink and "Burlap" (for a net) in brown in Distress Ink. I made the sentiment on my computer and used just a few sequins for embellishment. Take a look and let me know what you think!
Copic markers used:
Skin E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Gloves, Helmet (shadows) W1, W0
Uniform R22, R24, R29, R39, W7, W5, W3, W1, W0
Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment