Monday, April 1, 2019

Eggs

Do you struggle with backgrounds? I do! I have a stamp, I've colored it, maybe added a ground or floor or grass or something under it, but what do you do for the rest of the area??? Well, March's image for the Outlawz Progressive Freebie Challenge was Eggs, drawn by Sandra VanBlaricum. This cute image came with grass at the bottom, but I just couldn't decide what to do with the rest of the space. Then I read an article from Splitcoast Stampers about using washi tape for all sorts of things on your cards, including the background - VOILA! How cool is that?! So I colored my eggs and grass in bright colors with copic markers,cut them out and placed them on top of a background covered in 3 different washi tape that I alternated. Easy as can be! So, here is the final card:
So, next time you are struggling with a background, try washi tape!
Have a truly egg-stra special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment