Monday, January 31, 2022

Valentine's Snow Friends

 Challenge yourself! It doesn't have to be a BIG challenge, just something small. Like....use a non-traditional image for a holiday, maybe. I thought I would try that, so I used a snowman for a Valentine's card. The image is Snow Friends from Sherry West Art on Etsy.
No, I didn't color the snowman in red, not even the scarf, hat or bird. All of that is in blues and greens, but the background? Now, that is RED, lol! I colored the image with Copic markers and fussy cut it out, including the ground. For the background, I used a red vellum and alternated a silver washi tape and glittery, mesh-type of ribbon. The next little challenge was - what could be a Valentine's sentiment coming from a snowman??? After looking at it for a couple of days, a sentiment popped into my head - Whew! I cut a little tag and wrote the sentiment with my Silhouette Cameo 4 and added a couple of ribbons to the top. Both the sentiment and snowman are popped up on foam dots.

Blues B28, B24, B23, B000
Greens G28, G05, YG03

So try it - a little challenge. You never know what you might accomplish!
Have a wonderful day and a Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment