Thursday, October 14, 2021

Sunflowers are Messengers

 Do you ever Google something, write down what you found, but then cannot find it again??? Well, that's what I did for the sentiment of my card. I Googled "sunflower sentiments," wrote down this saying, and now I cannot find it again in order to give credit to the author (if there is one). So, I apologize if it has an author to whom I did not give credit, because it is a beautiful sentiment.
Sunflowers are messengers of friendship, love and hope.
It's perfect! Perfect to let someone know you are thinking of them fondly. The image is from Sherry West Art on Etsy, called Sunny Sunflowers. You can also purchase the image from Sherry directly, via her Facebook group, or her blog, Happy Art for a Happy Heart. I colored it with Copic markers, fussy cut around it and added a red bow with jewels on top of sequins for my embellishment. The background is a leaf diecut using my Silhouette Cameo 4 on a wood grain cardstock with green cardstock behind it. I wrote the sentiment on my Cameo also. I used foam dots behind the image and sentiment to add a little more dimension. Be sure to check out Kit and Clowder for some great coloring classes in both pencils and alcohol markers! There are several FREE classes available and the other coloring classes are very reasonably priced.

Flower petals Y21, Y15, Y38, E13, white gel pen, yellow glitter pen
Flower centers Y21, Y15, Y38, E71, E74, E77, white gel pen, yellow glitter pen
Leaves YG11, YG25, G07
Ribbon (behind ribbon) R22, R27, R59, white gel pen
Jar/Water BG000, B00, C0, C1, C3, colorless blender

Sunflowers are always cheery and make me smile. I hope I've given you a smile for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment