Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Harvest Home Wreath

 Sometimes I look at an image and I just know what I want to do with it. That was the case with this beautiful image from Sherry West Art, called Harvest Home Wreath. In my mind I saw this as a foiled image, no coloring. This is something new I've just started trying on my Silhouette Cameo 4 using the Foil Quill made by We R Memory Keepers. I purchased the Foil Quill and several colors of foil from 12x12 Cardstock. 12x12 Cardstock has a great sale on the Foil Quill products and, to be honest, the whole laminator/deco foil thing had not been working for me (too much $$ invested in that, too!). So, I emailed 12x12 Cardstock to ask a couple of questions about the Foil Quill product, they responded very quickly, and I ordered. I watched a couple of videos that I Googled about using the Foil Quill on the Cameo 4 and I am having So Much Fun with this!!! By the way, 12x12 Cardstock is GREAT for all of your cardstock needs, too!!
As soon as I saw the Harvest Home Wreath from Sherry West Art, I KNEW it would look great in foil!
I foiled the image on kraft-colored cardstock, using red foil. The mat behind my image is red and gold cardstock alternated in a diagonal pattern to add a little interest.


I am showing two pictures so you can see the card from the front and from the side to show how shiny it is in the light. I think this image would also look beautiful colored in fall colors on kraft cardstock. I would love to see your version if you try that!
Have a beautiful Fall day!

No comments:

Post a Comment