Monday, October 30, 2017

Cool Shades Jake

Our grandson is a lifeguard and loves to play water polo so I thought of some images from Make It Crafty would work perfect for his birthday card. I used Cool Shades Jake and The Beach, both digi stamps, and merged them to make a scene for the front of the card. I also added the beginning of the sentiment to the front, and finished it on the inside. I used my Copic markers to color the image, except for his shorts - I paper-pieced those. I added a few sequins, a surfboard embellishment and glossy accents to his sunglasses to finish it up. Not too many things going on, but I am still learning with my markers and I am always worried about messing it up, but I guess that's just part of the journey! I tried to follow Zoe's ebook called Fun Techniques for Colouring Skies. This includes different kinds of skies, clouds, land and ocean. Take a  look and let me know what you think!
Skin E000, E00, E21, E11, E04
Hair E43, Y11, Y13, Y15
Sand E50, E53, E55, E57
Palm Trees YG03, YG25, G07, G28
Sky B00, B02, B05
Water B00, B01, B02, B05, B06, B26
Shells Y11, Y35, YR15; BG45, BG49, RV02

Thank you for taking a look! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment