Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Valentine Derek

Maybe you've noticed in some of my previous posts that I participate in the Outlawz Challenges Progressive Freebie. It is a monthly challenge that involves an image sent to you every month - FREE! You have until the end of the month to use that image in a project. Many times I am working on it up until the last day of the month because, well, it has just been one of those months - lol! But this month I was able to finish my card early - YAY! And I really like the way it turned out, it was super-fun to put together. The image is Valentine Derek from Doctor Digi. But who said it has to be a Valentine-themed card??? I colored the image with copic markers; paper-pieced his tuxedo from some pineapple print paper and cut out 4 extra bowties to layer on top of his one bowtie just to give it some depth; printed my message on vellum and placed it behind a diecut photo frame; added a little bow I made from a shear ribbon to the candy box, and added a diecut hibiscus to go with the background paper. Take a look and let me know if it doesn't make you want to SMILE!
Doesn't this make you want to run out and get a box of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts? Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment