Friday, May 3, 2019

Thank You Tulip Block

I've been trying to get ahead on some cards lately. Sometimes I procrastinate and end up in a bind to get all of them done, and then I don't really have time to do some other crafts that I enjoy. So, here is an anniversary card I just finished for my sister and her husband. I used a Bugaboo Stamps image called Thank You Tulip Block. This week's Catch A Bug challenge is to use this photo as an inspiration:
Even though the original image says "Thank You" on it, I enlarged the image so I could just use the tulips and butterfly. I colored the image with spring colors: the tulips with some BG copic markers and then put dots on the petals with these same BG colors; the leaves with G's and YG's; the butterfly with RV's and BV's (for a pink and purple combo). Then I used a white gel pen to place more dots on the tulip petals. Lastly I made it into a shaker card. Did you know the one thing you need to remember when making a shaker card is to put the transparent piece down BEFORE you put the foam adhesive pieces on it? Well, I found out the hard way - so I carefully had to remove all the foam pieces, add the transparent piece with it's own double stick tape and then the foam pieces (two layers to make enough room for all the beads, glitter and sequins!). I diecut a little scallop frame for the window, covered a heart with deco-foil and then added my sentiment on a heart on top of that - Whew, done! Take a look and let me know what you think! And I have to mention the coloring classes from Kit and Clowder - they are awesome!
Have an amazing and colorful Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Love your card, gorgeous! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's colour challenge good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete