Thursday, May 16, 2019

French Lilac

I don't know about you, but I just love the smell of a lilac bush! I think they might be blooming around this time, but I am not sure, because we don't have them here in Hawaii (at least I haven't seen any). Lavender/purple is my mom's favorite color, so when I saw this beautiful French Lilac image from Power Poppy, I knew I wanted to make it into a card for my mom's birthday. Power Poppy has both clear and digital stamps, with awesome detail, and they come with beautiful sentiments! I colored it with copic markers, the V09, V06, V04, V01, V000 group for the flowers and used G28, G07, and YG03 for the leaves. I used just a couple of the E markers for the stem. I added a small sheer lilac ribbon around the stem - it was a really light color so I lightly went over it with my V04 marker to make it show up better against the background; and it allowed me to enter my card in Power Poppy's Blog Challenge!!! I used an RV000 marker to color the background of the image, except for the area of the sentiment. I used my Silhouette Cameo to diecut around the image and a lattice background and added a paper with lilacs on it behind the lattice diecut. I then added four little pearl hearts in each corner of the image. Take a look and let me know what you think!
Have a beautiful Spring day!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! The coloring here is out of this world -- I know your mom will cherish this creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you So Much Julie - I can't wait to give it to my mom in a couple of weeks!

      Delete
  2. this is stunning love how you created it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it was totally worth all the effort. I hope my mom likes her birthday card!

      Delete