Monday, May 20, 2019

Feed The Birds

Masculine cards are always the hardest for me to make. With Father's Day coming up I was struggling with what kind of card to make for my stepdad. Then I saw a card on one of my FB groups (Bella and Bronte's Clubhouse) and fell in love with the possibilities of these images.
The images are a combination of Little Birdies and Feed The Birds, both from Mo's Digital Pencil. Really, the image could be used for masculine or female, boy or girl, and lots of different sentiments could go with it. And she carries many images that can be used for masculine cards, so go take a look!
My mom and stepdad LOVE to keep birdseed out, year-round, with a bird book at hand to help them identify all the different kinds of birds they see. So, I thought this would make a great Father's Day card. My stepdad loves the color blue, so I used my favorite blue combo in copic markers for the coat and birds, B99, B28, B24, B32. I used some yellow copic markers for the rest of the birds, Y28, YR23, Y15, Y23, Y11. The boots did not turn out quite like I planned - I wanted a brown/yellow color, but I am still learning how to use those markers! I used some lovely greens for the scarf, G29, G07, YG03. For the ground I used E11, E13, E15, and E18. Then I wanted the birdseed to stand out, so I colored a sliver of my paper with the browns and yellow copics, cut it into tiny pieces, dampened them and then rolled them between my fingers to make tiny birdseed. I glued them on wherever there was birdseed on the picture, including in the palm of the mitten. Then, after it dried, I colored lightly on top of the birdseed with a white gel pen, then a yellow glitter gel pen. I know, a lot of work for some birdseed, but it was kind of fun to play with and added a little dimension/3D to my card! The sentiment I used is from the Little Birdies set. So, here is my card, let me know what you think!
I am going to enter this in the current Mo's Blog Challenge, "Anything Goes."
Remember - It's the little things that make a big difference! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I loooooove this!! I struggle with “guy” cards too. This image is perfect!! Your “blue” color combination is gorgeous!! And all the birds just really complete this little scene!! Thanks so much for sharing such a fun creation and for joining us for this month’s challenge at Mo’s!!! Hugs, Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete