Sunday, June 16, 2019

Bye Bye

I have to admit that I had a BLAST creating this birthday card for my nephew! He's turning 18 and is off to Ball State University, the same university from where I, one of my sisters and my brother (his dad) graduated. It took me a couple of days to work out the details for the look of my card, and then there's all the measuring and positioning. I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil called bye bye (b). I colored the image with Copic markers and added little touches of a silver gel pen to the white handle streamers and the gray metal of the tricycle and car backpack. I also added little touches of a red glitter pen to the red handle streamers and the tricycle. On the backpack I put "BSU HERE I COME" and covered the little window with Glossy Accents. In the window of the card I put a couple of pictures of the BSU campus and printed the BSU logo several times on the outside paper. I then cut a little path using a gold paper I had and placed the tricyle on it as if he is pedaling his way to school! I can't wait to hear what he thinks of his birthday card!!! Let me know what you think, too!
I am entering my card in Mo's Digital Challenge this month, "Anything "Mo" Goes...with an optional theme of "For the Boys/Guys!"
I hope you have a wonderful June!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour work and fabulous background on this cute card for your nephew. I love how you have personalised his jacket too! Thank you for playing along at Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge. Good luck! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT IDEA!! I love the way your have this Mo Manning image riding his bike to college!! Very clever!! Thanks so much for joining us for our June Challenge at Mo's! Hugs, Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pat! My sister-in-law thought it was a perfect card for my nephew too!

      Delete