Monday, January 11, 2021

Molly's Basket

Well, Happy New Year! I haven't really been in the mood to color or craft. This sheltering-in-place is getting old and kind of takes the wind out of your sails, if you know what I mean. But, I needed to get a birthday card finished for one of my nieces and I haven't made her a shaker card before, and I wanted to enter the Outlawz Challenges Crash Your Stash Challenge, so I got to work! I used a really cute image from Conie Fong called Molly's Basket of Love. It is really cute and can be used for many different occasions. The Outlawz Crash Your Stash Challenge is to use microbeads, so a shaker card was a perfect idea for my niece! I colored the image with copic markers and used a white gel pen for some of the highlights, and glitter gel pens for the flower centers. I kind of threw a little bit of everything into the shaker - sequins (round and heart shaped) in gold, blue and purple, small blue and purple hexagon-shaped large glitter, and blue and purple microbeads. The background behind the shaker is a blue/purple watercolor image I downloaded free from online and printed a Happy Birthday message in the center. I diecut the front on my Silhouette Cameo and put it all together. Unfortunately, I made the image a little large, so it covers part of the Happy Birthday message, so I popped up the image on foam circles. Here is my card.

Skin E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, RV21, R20
Hair YR14, E15, E07, E18, E19
Basket E25, E23, E21, Y15
Dress B28, B26, B23, B00
Purple V09, V06, V04, V00
Pink RV19, RV14, RV21
Leaves G28, G05, YG03
Leg warmers BV02, BV000, colorless blender
Thank you for stopping by!
I hope your New Year started off great!

No comments:

Post a Comment